Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Homemade Cafe Latte

After reading a few of my comments I figured I was being to harsh on the people who love their coffee with milk and sugar and tell that I guess I do have my coffee limits too. When it comes to espresso shots there are only two reasons I drink it straight...
  1. If im desperate in the morning to get out the door and have no time for a slow cup of coffee but need that boost.
  2. On a dare.
But I really do prefer my home done lattes. But even with a latte I tend to stick to some of my favorite syrup flavors hazelnut, toffee, and vanilla sometimes I feel a little more adventurous and try something new. So I felt that I should share a recipe with you and some tips to make some home lattes on the cheap. I like a lot of people in these times am trying to save a buck or two and make it go further. I know the large syrup bottles can cost upwards of 8$ but found it that if you can find a local restaurant supply store that sell davinci gourmet syrup for 2-3$ for a large bottle and with 20 or more uses that can go a long way in your wallet. But here is my recipe and I'll explain as I go along.

Ingredients:
  • 1-2 shots of espresso *
  • 1-2 oz. Any Coffee syrup
  • ~10 oz. of steamed milk**
*espresso can be substituted with same amount of very strong italian coffee or french press coffee or even drip coffee. Just make sure it plenty strong enough.
** If you don't have a steamer you can just heat milk in a small pan just before it simmers. This is a good substitute.


Directions:
  • Add in a 16 ounce glass in this both espresso and syrup amount can be changed depending on your taste mix well. Then add milk. Don't worry about latte art it takes a lot of practice to get that down.

And Voila! You have yourself a homemade latte. Just make sure to share with others, you dont want to make anyone jealous. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment